CCLL Board Elections - Vote Now!
Online voting for new CCLL Board members has begun! View Candidate Statements Here. And when you are ready, Vote Here.
On Sunday, September 7th from 10:30 am until noon there will be a pitching clinic at Forest Hills. The clinic is free and aimed at novice and intermediate pitchers. Parents and coaches are welcome and should bring a glove. If you have any questions, contact Stephen Ganote or Desmond Dunham.
Fall 2014 Registration
Registration for the Fall 2014 Season opens at Midnight on August 1, 2014 and will close the evening of August 29th, for all divisions except National Division baseball and all Softball divisions. The Fall Season opens on September 6, 2014. To register for the Fall 2014 Season click here.
Tryouts for Majors/AAA will be on Tuesday, Sept. 2 and Wed., Sept. 3
All players interested in trying out for the Majors or AAA must attend one of two tryouts scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 2 and Wednesday, Sept. 3. Tryouts will be held at the DC Dynasty Facility (15 Oglethorpe Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011). All sessions start at 6:30pm and will end around 8:00pm, depending on the number of kids.
Please plan to attend at least one tryout session. A single session should be enough to evaluate any player. However, if for some reason your ballplayer has an off evening, a second session is an option to make sure they get a fair look. [Please indicate your preference for Tuesday or Wednesday by emailing the Player Agent at the address below.]
Here are some notes and answers to questions we have received:
- Eligibility: Players league age 10-12 are eligible for Majors/AAA. Your ballplayer must turn 10 years old on or before May 1, 2015.There are no exceptions for younger players, regardless of skill level, siblings, etc.
- Minors and AAA Players Only: If your player was on a Majors team this past spring, your player does NOT need to try out again. Players will remain on that team until they age out of the Majors. If your player was on a AAA team in the spring, he/she must try out in order to try to move up to the Majors.
- Selection: We expect most players trying out will be selected either for the Majors or for a AAA team. Please note that league age 12 players are guaranteed a spot on a Majors team unless the player elects to play on a Minors or AAA team. 12 year olds new to the Majors must try out to accommodate the drafting process.
- Evaluation Process: Players will be evaluated and ranked by DC Dynasty staff, and will then be allocated to teams during a draft by Cap City managers. The Dynasty evaluation is intended to help the selection process and ensure objective assessments. Note that due to the draft process, players cannot be guaranteed to play on any preferred team, or with any specific manager or player. However, CCLL will try to accommodate eligible siblings playing on a single team.
- Team Assignments: Once selected for a Majors team for the fall season, players will continue on that team for both the fall and spring seasons, and until they age out of the Majors. They will not have to try out again. Players assigned to AAA will have the opportunity to try out for the Majors again next fall.
- Notification: Players will be notified no later than Friday, September 5. NOTE: we will have games starting on Sept. 6(!), so please be ready to play right away.
- “Fall Ball”: The Fall season is meant to be a more relaxed, developmental season – with fewer games, more emphasis on player development than on overall team performance, and no post-season All Star team. The Spring season is more structured, with more games, formal playoffs, All Star selections and post-season tournaments going into the summer.
- Spring-Only Players: CCLL will offer a much smaller, supplemental tryout before the Spring season to evaluate players who only wish to play in the Spring season. There will be limited spaces on Majors teams and assignments will be made on an as-available basis (with the exception that all 12 year olds wishing to play in the Majors will be placed on a Majors team).
- CCLL Boundary: Please review the Boundary Map. If you are new to CCLL and your child does not live in OR attend school within the CCLL boundary, your ballplayer will be ineligible for any All Star participation.
- Late Change of Mind: If you have registered for Minors but your ballplayer is eligible and wants to try out for the Majors/AAA, please notify CCLL’s Player Agent (e-mail below) as soon as possible and he/she will be added to the tryout list.
- Return to Minors: If your player tries out, but finds he/she does not feel ready for the Majors or AAA, please notify a CCLL representative at the tryout and your player will be assigned to a Minors team. A player who tries out for the Majors and is assigned to AAA may also elect to return to the Minors.
Thank you and please contact Andy Wise, CCLL Player Agent, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to another great season.
CCLL 12U All Stars Finish 2nd in District Tournament from Capitol City Little League
July 23, 2014 16:18
The Cap City 12U All Star Team fought hard but lost 5-2 in the DC Championship game Tuesday night to the all stars from Northwest Little League. The team had a great run and a fantastic summer together, and played with the spirit, talent, heart, and camaraderie that emobodies the best of Cap City.
On a more important note, some in our community may have heard that Cap City's Collin Bosley-Smith suffered a very scary injury in a game last week in which he was hit with a line drive while pitching. For those who haven't heard an update, we want to pass on the very good news that Collin is doing much better, and even joined the team in the dugout during the last few games of the tournament. We're all very happy for Collin and his family.
A final shout out to this year's 12U All Star Team:
- Collin Bosley-Smith
- Xavey Bzdek
- Amartya Eswaran-King
- Christian Ficca
- Rory Friel
- Charlie Ganote
- Noah Gold
- Jeremy Jensen
- Seth Kahler
- Jacques Nissen
- Kevin Oakley
- Dolan Smith
- Jamie Stewart-Aday
- Aidan Trinity
The team was managed by Brian Friel, and the assistant coaches were Scott Gold and Brian Oakley.
Cap City 10U All Stars' Spectacular Season Ends from Capitol City Little League
July 16, 2014 14:58
The CCLL 10U All Star Team's attempt at another heroic comeback ended with a 17-13 loss last night in the Maryland State Tournament, ending the team's run. Down 15-5, the 10Us clawed back to make it 15-12 before finally losing their second game in the double elimination tournament.
As one final note of recognition, here are the players on this year's team, the first since 2011 to advance past the DC tournament:
- Nate Coates
- Stephen Connors
- Max Jazynka
- David Michael Jefferson
- Ronan Larkin
- John Murphy
- Sean Quinn
- Sam Shapiro
- Earl Skrine
- Henry Smith
- Evan Vieth
- Alex Wall
- Zack Wall
The team was managed by Brendan Quinn, and the assistant coach was Ron Jolles.
About Capitol City Little League
Capitol City Little League has been serving the Washington, D.C. area since 1986.
The organization is run completely by volunteer support and has a long history of parents working closely with the league to introduce and teach baseball and softball to our children. Each season, more than 500 children participate in CCLL.
Capitol City Little League has Spring and Fall recreation leagues with 7 baseball divisions with teams of co-ed kids from 5 to 14 years old, and 4 divisions for girls softball for girls ages 6 to 14 years.
Programs are open to children and teenagers who reside, or attend school, within specific boundaries in Northwest Washington.
Boundaries: Boundaries extend from intersection of Western Avenue and Rock Creek Park, West along Western Avenue to its intersection with River Road; South along River Road to its intersection with Wisconsin Avenue; South along Wisconsin Avenue to its intersection with Porter Street; East along Porter Street its intersection with Rock Creek; North along Rock Creek to its intersection with Military Road; East along Military Road; continuing East along Missouri Avenue to its intersection with Georgia Avenue; North along Georgia Avenue to its interesection with Eastern Avenue; Northwest along the DC-Maryland border to the northernmost point of Washinton DC; Southwest along the DC-Maryland border to the intersection of Western Avenue and Rock Creek Park.
Our league focuses on both teaching fundamentals and having FUN!