Little League All-Stars: General Information
Cap City All-Stars Teams
Each summer, Little Leagues around the world select All-Stars teams made up of players from their league. These All-Stars teams compete in tournaments--first against local Little Leagues and, if they advance, against Little Leagues across the country.
Cap City typically fields four All-Stars teams:
- 10U Baseball (players league age 10 and younger)
- 11U Baseball (players league age 11 and younger)
- 12U Baseball (players league age 12 and younger)
- 12U Softball (players league age 12 and younger)
The All-Star experience is Little League's most competitive program and requires a greater financial, time, and emotional investment than a regular Spring or Fall season.
What is the time commitment?
All-Stars teams are selected in late May and early June. Each All-Stars team participates in a DC state tournament, which is held in Washington, D.C. These tournaments last about a week and typically take place in mid-June to mid-July.
All-Stars teams that win the DC State Championship advance to the Eastern Regional tournaments, which are held outside of Washington, D.C. from early to mid-August. For the 10U and 11U All-Stars teams, this is the final tournament. 12U teams that advance in their regional tournaments can go on to play in the Little League World Series held in Williamsport, PA in late August.
Once selected All-Stars teams practice multiple times per week leading up to the DC State Tournament and, if applicable, leading up to the Regional Tournament. Practices are held around the DMV.
Who Can Play on an All-Stars Team and How Are Players selected?
To be eligible, a player must meet the following criteria:
- Player must be rostered on a Cap City AAA (baseball) or Majors (baseball or softball) team in the Spring season. A player must have played in at least 60% of the games played by that team during the Spring season.
- Player must participate in the All-Stars tryouts and/or selection process.
- The player and parents should plan to be available to attend most, if not all, practices and games during the All Star period.
- The player and parents must provide a birth certificate and other residency documentation as required by Little League International and DC State Little League. Failure to provide documentation in a timely manner is grounds for dismissal from the team.
Players are selected for the All-Stars teams based on several factors, including skill, position competence, attitude, and availability. All-Stars managers make the final rostering decision with approval from the Cap City Board.